In this video, work with S3 costs using calculator tools.
- [Instructor] In looking at individual AWS service…cost control, we're going to start with one of the…core services, which is S3, which is simple storage,…which is basically the replication of a file system.…Now it has more capabilities built on top of it,…but that's basically what it does, it stores files.…So the costs are charged based on the type of storage,…and that's the amount of redundancy,…so how many times the information is copied…across the Amazon global infrastructure,…and also importantly on the data transfer in and out.…
Now one of the other things, as we go over to the console…and take a look at this, is some of the services…on Amazon actually show you on the console an estimate…of the cost over the period of time, or the cost…per invocation in the newer architectures.…S3 doesn't do this, so we're actually going to start using…some external tools, and there's a whole bunch of these.…Some are for almost all the objects on the Amazon ecosystem,…some are specific, just start to get you…in the world of tools,…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.