Like most Amplify feature additions, configuring your project to support online file storage is one command on the command-line. You are prompted for any needed decisions and the configuration in AWS is done for you. You can see what's done online via the AWS console but the work is done. You can focus on the app.
- [Instructor] So now we're storing our items on the server…but not the files…and we want to store the files of course…so we're going to set that up now.…So what do you think we're going to have to do?…If you guessed amplify, you're right.…We're going to use amplify to set up storage on the server.…So back in our project directory…we're going to type amplify add storage…and it's going to ask us what kind of storage we're setting.…Do we want a NoSQL database?…No, we want content.…We want images, audio, video, et cetera.…So we'll select that…and it asks us to provide a friendly name…so we'll call this filestoragepico.…
And it wants a bucket name…so we'll say picofilestorageforimages, something like that.…And it asks us who wants access to the bucket…and we're going to say authorized users only.…You have to be logged in to store files here.…And then we want to be able to read/write those files…and that's it.…Now we call amplify push and it sends it to the server.…We have to verify the changes.…We're adding storage, yes.…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.