Describe a scenario in which it is appropriate to use Network Access Control Lists
- [Instructor] Understanding NACLs is one thing,…and configuring them is much more fun.…Before we get started,…let's visualize what we're about to accomplish.…I've configured a VPC in the Tokyo region with two subnets,…one public and the other private.…The public subnet contains a NAT gateway…so the private subnet can get to the Internet.…I'm going to configure a NACL…that will lock down the private subnet.…Once implemented, only SSH and ICMP traffic…originating from the public subnet…will be able to get into the private subnet.…
In addition, all traffic originating…from the private subnet will be dropped.…Let's quickly review the IP space…I've set up for this exercise.…In the Tokyo region,…I have a /16 VPC in the 10 range.…Within the VPC, I have a public /24 subnet…and a private /24 subnet.…In the Frankfurt region,…I have /28 VPC in the 192 range with a single subnet.…In Tokyo, I've set up two EC2 instances.…The first one is in the public subnet,…and the second is in the private subnet.…
Both of these instances have a security group attached,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Training (2014)with Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Cloud Computing First Look (2012)with David Rivers1h 27m Beginner
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.