This video covers how to create and configure VPC flow logs for a VPC.
- [Voiceover] With an understanding…of what VPC Flow Logs are,…let's open up an AWS web console to explore…how to configure the Flow Logs.…We will also examine some of the Flow Log data.…Note that in the upper-right hand corner of the screen,…I have switched to the Ireland region.…In this region, I have created a VPC…called research.ireland.…The first thing I need to do is make sure…I have a CloudWatch Log Group,…where the Flow Logs can be published.…To create one, from the main web console,…I scroll down a bit and click on the CloudWatch link…in the middle, under management tools.…
From the CloudWatch page, I click on the Logs link…in the left-hand navigation.…To create a new log, I click the Create log group button…in the center of the screen.…This pops up a modal window, asking me to specify a name…for the log group.…I am going to name it the same as the VPC…for which I want to capture traffic.…To finish the creation process,…I click the blue Create log group button.…Okay, now I've created the log group.…Now I need to get to the VPC dashboard…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Security (2016)with Sharif Nijim2h 5m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.