Explore AWS Config and Config Rules.
- [Narrator] Let's explore Config and Config rules,…to get a feel for what is possible…with this monitoring and compliance tool.…Starting from the AWS web console,…I can access Config by typing Config into the search box.…The helper text confirms that Config is useful…for tracking resource and inventory changes.…This brings me to the AWS Config landing page.…I click the blue Get started button…in the center of the screen to get things moving.…Note that this landing page only appears…the first time Config is setup in a given region.…
The second time, choosing Config…from the main web console screen results…in being taken to the settings page for Config.…The first setting you need to select…is the types of resources to record.…By default, all supported resources…in a region are selected.…This list of products includes VPC, EC2,…S3, load balancing, RDS, and more.…Expect this list to grow over time,…as AWS expands integration points with Config.…
You can also choose to include global resources in Config.…If you operate in multiple regions,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.