Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Elastic GPU and Bare Metal instance types, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] If you didn't want to purchase…one of the graphics optimized instance.…You could always attach what's called an elastic GPU…to one of your EC2 instances,…really just to accelerate some of the graphics performance…or provide additional power to certain applications.…This is a much cheaper option…than going with one of the stand-alone graphics instances…that we talked about a moment ago.…Now you might be wondering just how in the world…are we going to be able to achieve graphics processing…on demand basis.…
And it's actually done over the elastic network interface,…which is a service endpoint that you deposit into your VPC.…So essentially it operates over the network.…You'll be able to configure…how much graphics acceleration you want for your work load,…and it does support OpenGL 4.2,…and will handle up to 8 GB of RAM.…Which makes it really ideal for things like virtual desktop…or design, gaming or even high performance compute.…Another instance type that we have available…is the Bare Metal Instances.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.