Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Elastic Block Store (EBS), part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] The Elastic Block Store or EBS is…a block storage technology that can be attached…to instances in the same availability zone.…However, only one instance can be connected…to a given volume at any given time,…and that's to avoid corruption.…That would be similar to trying to attach…your hard drive to multiple computers simultaneously…using cables and things of that nature.…If you want multiple computers to access…storage simultaneously, the best plan is to use…something that is a shared medium,…something like file services.…
We'll talk about that technology coming up.…When EBS is attached to an instance,…they exist independent from the life of the instance.…So in other words, if you store data…in an EBS volume, and later choose to terminate…the instance that once owned it,…the EBS volume remains.…Of course you can configure this.…You could link that EBS volume to the instance…such that when you delete the instance…or terminate the instance, the data is also destroyed.…
However, by default the only data…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.