Databases can perform faster when portions of the data frequently accessed are stored in memory. The result is less disk access. In this video, learn about ElastiCache, the AWS service that provides this capability.
- Another service of importance to … the architect is ElastiCache. … ElastiCache is a service that's going to help you … to get the right information you … need as quickly as possible. … In other words, it integrates with your … databases and allows you to cache information for … improved performance. … You will find ElastiCache in the database … category of the AWS services interface. … It gives you in-memory caching for databases specifically. … So what we're talking about here is the … ability to keep data in-memory so that it is … able to be much more responsive, rather than having the … delay of going to disk, getting the data, bringing into … memory, and then distributing out or … keeping it in large pools of memory. … We have two different solutions that are … available in ElastiCache. … The first is called Memcached, Memcache, or Memcache-d, … depending on who you ask. … So this is one of those that everybody has an … opinion about how to pronounce it. … I don't really care how you say it …
This course was recorded and produced by Total Seminars. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- AWS media content delivery services
- Working with ElastiCache
- AWS analytics engines
- DevOps services in AWS
- Architecting resilient design solutions
- AWS best practices for secure design
- Designing for cost optimization in AWS