Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video EC2 purchasing options, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] When purchasing an EC2 instance,…you'll have a number of choices to make.…The first, is going to be really…how long do you want it to run?…When do you want it to run?…Or even, where do you want it to run?…And that brings us to the variety of instances…we're going to talk about in this particular lesson.…We have things like on-demand instances,…reserved instances, spot instances,…dedicated instances, and dedicated hosts.…And we're going to look at each one of these.…Let's start by looking at the…on-demand instances.…
On-demand instances are a pay per hour,…or even per second basis of an instance.…It really depends on the workload that you choose…again as we said earlier, if you choose Linux,…it's possible to pay per second.…If you choose Windows, you'll be doing…a pay per hour.…These are great for short-term…or really unpredictable workloads.…Or maybe it's a workload that you just…brought online without any sort of…background as to how long it's going to run.…This is great from a real scalability issue…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.