In this video, review architecture decisions related to cost for a complex website.
- [Instructor] So now looking at our next scenario…which I call a dynamic website,…so this could be like an ecommerce website…or a website with more interaction around it.…Around compute you'd have…really the same considerations that you had…with the simpler website which is EC2 or Lambda.…And really the same type of questions you'd be asking.…If you're using EC2, which instant sizes are you going to buy…at on demand or reserved.…One new thing here is you might need to add…EC2 Load Balancers if it's a high volume site.…And so you need to have expertise…on how to set up those Load Balancers.…
Not such a cost of service, it's a cost of employees…who understand how to use them.…I've seen done wrong, again, many times.…If you're using Lambda,…it's a similar type of considerations around…do you employees know how to work with Lambda?…Do they need training?…And then you'll also be using API Gateway.…So same thing.…Now in the files area, I added an additional aspect here…which is, in addition to S3,…you may want to look at archiving.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.