Of course, if you upload files, you also want to download them. The transfer utility also provides ways to do that. You can download the data to the app and create an image out of it. Another way to do that might be to store URLs to the images but you need to consider what type of authorization you set up in that case.
- [Instructor] So we have files on the server…and we want 'em in the app.…We have data in our table, and we also have files.…I'm going to delete a couple of these items…that don't have images, so we won't be confused…that an image is missing.…Hopefully I picked the right ones.…Let's see what the image name is, that looks good.…So now back in our code we want to download the images…whenever we load an item from the server.…So let's look at fetch items.…
In here we create the items,…but we don't know that they're going to be displayed.…Maybe we should fetch the file…when the cell's being displayed in self erode index path.…So here, at self a row at index path,…we can fetch the image with a new function.…So at the very bottom I'm going to write a new function…called download data, and it's going to take…a name of a file,…and it's also going to have the index of the row.…
For item at index, is the argument.…Label and index will be the parameter name,…and it's an int.…So in this function, we're going to download the file…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.