Learn how to demonstrate attaching and reattaching EBS volumes while preserving data and encryption state.
- [Instructor] In this video…I'm going to demonstrate how we can detach the EBS…volume from this Instance and attach it to another.…In order to show this functionality,…I'm going to need a second EC2 Instance.…So, I'm going to head back to the EC2 dashboard…and click Launch Instance.…I'm going to select all the same options…as I did for the original Instance…except I'm not going to give it a second EBS volume…and it's name will be EBSDemo2.…It can have the default open to the world…port 22 security group.…
And, we'll go ahead and launch.…This time I used the demo key…that I already have, demo-ssh-key.…Back on the EC2 console you can see that…EBSDemo2 Instance is initializing.…Also, take note that it's in the same availability…zone as the first one.…This is important because EBS snapshots…are exclusive to an AZ.…While we're waiting for the second Instance to initialize…I'm going to head to the first Instance via an ssh console.…
There's one important step that we need to follow before…we can detach this EBS Instance…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.