Learn how to work with DynamoDB for scalable data storage, including reserved instance capacity for cost optimization.
- [Instructor] The next service we're going to look at,…in terms of scaling and availability…is a serverless data service, and that's DynamoDB.…So DynamoDB is a managed NoSQL database.…And I like to think of it as tables as a service.…So the idea here is that you create a table structure,…which is a wide column, so it's a key,…and n number of values.…There is no schema that is validated on write,…but you will impose a schema on read.…And you can do that with indexes…and with your query language.…
So it allows a lot of flexibility in terms of data storage.…And similar to the serverless services…that we've been looking at in this course so far,…the way that you scale this is through read/write capacity.…So let's look at this.…We're going to click create table.…And we'll call this customers.…And we'll set a partition key of name,…a value of string, and we'll add a sort key of country,…which is a value of string.…
And notice you can say string, binary, or number,…so we have a simplification of types,…as compared to a relational database, for example.…
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers topics that map to the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam.
- AWS design concepts
- Serverless services
- Server-based services
- Code tools for implementation
- Design trade-offs for AWS applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
1. Design Concepts for Serverless AWS Services
2. Design Concepts for Server-Based AWS Services
3. AWS Code Tools for Implementation
4. Design Trade-Offs for AWS Applications
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.