Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Deployment options summary, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting PaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Let's take a moment to summarize…these different deployment options,…just so that we have everything…together in one spot.…Here's a chart showing the different types of deployment.…We call them different deployment options.…We have all at once,…rolling,…rolling with an additional batch,…immutable and blue/green.…At the very top we have all at once…is definitely the fastest method of deploying things,…but it is going to cause downtime.…It's also really something…that we probably would do more in development…than we would in production.…
Rolling updates are things that we…have seen traditionally,…but the trouble with it is that…you can end up with capacity issues…because you're taking systems down…and hoping that well, the load will be…strong enough to handle…whatever the users can throw at it.…But, that's where rolling updates…tend to get scheduled during off hours and midnight shifts.…Rolling with an additional batch…prevents the capacity load,…but we still have to consider…the process of what happens if we need to fail back.…
- Creating an IAM user, group, and role
- Using the IAM policy simulator
- IAM best practices
- Components of CloudFormation
- Benefits of Elastic Beanstalk
- Working with OpsWorks
- OpsWorks for Chef Automate and Puppet Enterprise
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
3. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.