Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Deployment options: Immutable, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting PaaS Products.
- [Instructor] One of the challenges…that you face with the rolling updates…is that, well, pesky problem…of you might have multiple versions of your application…being served to customers for a period of time.…The immutable method aims to solve that.…With the immutable option,…you're going to deploy new instances…using a different auto scaling group.…This makes sure we maintain the same advantages we had,…which is no downtime, no name changes,…we don't suffer any capacity issues,…and we can actually test the new version entirely…before we roll it out.…
There are some advantages to this,…but as you can see,…there's also one big disadvantage.…This is going to double some costs,…because you are deploying new instances in their entirety,…while we're doing our migration.…So let's look at this in action.…In this case,…we have our four instances all running version 1.0.…We're going to create a new auto scaling group,…and we are going to deploy brand new versions…of application 1.1.…
So it's not an upgrade.…Once the health check succeeds,…
- Creating an IAM user, group, and role
- Using the IAM policy simulator
- IAM best practices
- Components of CloudFormation
- Benefits of Elastic Beanstalk
- Working with OpsWorks
- OpsWorks for Chef Automate and Puppet Enterprise
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
3. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.