Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Deployment options: All at once, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting PaaS Products.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about the deployment option…that we refer to as All at Once.…An All at Once deployment essentially redeploys…a new version of your application to all of your…existing instances simultaneously.…Now, it is fast.…It's going to accomplish your goals very quickly…but it's going to cause downtime.…The reason is, you've knocked down all of your instances…at the same exact time, everything has to get…loaded and brought up.…This is probably something you would do for, say,…development, where you are the only customer…using the application so you're not really hurt…if you can't get to it while you're swapping things out.…
Now, this is what it would look like.…We have an image showing that we have our application…currently deployed, using version 1.0 of the code.…If we do a deployment all at once, we're going to be…shutting down all of the instances simultaneously…and loading version 1.1 of the code,…and then the code comes to life and the application goes off…but do keep in mind that there is an outage…
- Creating an IAM user, group, and role
- Using the IAM policy simulator
- IAM best practices
- Components of CloudFormation
- Benefits of Elastic Beanstalk
- Working with OpsWorks
- OpsWorks for Chef Automate and Puppet Enterprise
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
3. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.