Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo: Versioning, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] In this demonstration,…we're going to look at object versioning within S3.…So, let's start off, we're at the Amazon console,…we'll open up S3, and if you recall,…in order to set up versioning, we need to actually build…a bucket with versioning turned on at the beginning.…The demonstration bucket we created a while ago…didn't actually have versioning enabled.…So, let's create a new bucket.…In this case, we'll call this one brianeiler-test-2345…and we don't want to copy any of the settings.…
We're going to hit next, we're going to turn on versioning,…and now it's enabled.…We'll keep the permissions at their default…and tell it to create the bucket.…Now we've got a bucket that has the versioning turned on.…This particular bucket doesn't have any contents in it,…but I do have a bucket where we created some content…so that I can show you the effects of the versioning.…If I go down here to our versioning test bucket,…when I open it up, you'll see that we have a little script…in here that's the demonstration for creating an S3 bucket.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.