Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo: Lifecycle policies, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] In this demonstration,…we're going to see how to use the lifecycle policies within S3.…First in the Amazon console, let's go to S3.…Now we'll open up the bucket that we're going to work with,…in this case it's linkedin-learning-test-bucket.…In order to work with our policies,…we need to go to the management tab…and now we're selected on lifecycle.…Here we can add different rules.…We'll start off by adding a rule…that pushes our previous versions…to the inactive storage.…
This will apply to all of the objects within the store.…We hit next and now we can choose previous versions.…What exactly are we looking for?…We'll click add transition…and now we're going to say move to standard IA…after 30 days.…This will take all the previous versions…that are currently in S3…and if they're lasting for more than 30 days,…they'll migrate over to the infrequent access.…We'll hit next.…
It also gives us the ability to configure the expiration.…Now because of the name of this rule,…I don't want to commingle them so I'll just hit next and save.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.