Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo: Create and manage EBS volumes, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] In this demonstration,…we're going to take a look at how you can create…and then attach, as well as detach,…an EBS volume from one of the EC2 instances.…We're logged into the AWS console,…and we need to go over first to the EC2 section.…Now, let's take a look at our instances.…We're in the Oregon region,…and I can see the instances within that region.…In my case, I would like to attach an EBS volume…to the Security Groups instance.…
One very important component that you have to take note of…is which availability zone, aka data center,…where this instance is running.…So if we look over to the side here,…we can see that it is in us-west-2b.…The reason that's so important is that the EBS volumes,…where they are created,…determines which instances can attach to them.…So for example, if I were to create this EBS volume…in us-west-2a, I would have no ability…to attach it to the Security Groups instance.…
So now that we know which availability zone…we're working with, let's go over to the EBS area.…So Elastic Block Store, we're going to click on Volumes.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.