Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo: Create an instance snapshot, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Now let's say that I want…to take a snapshot of one of my instances.…Say I'm going to go a process of an upgrade.…I want to make sure that in the case…that the upgrade doesn't go quite as planned…or it creates some troubleshooting opportunities,…that I have an easy way to revert back…so my data is not lost and I'm not stuck…trying to restore data from a backup server.…In our case let's go ahead…and use the Security Groups machine.…This is the machine that I want to grab a backup of…or a snapshot of it.…
In order to do this, we're going to go…under Elastic Block Store,…and we're going to click Snapshots.…Here I can see the number of snapshots…that are available, and if I would like,…I can create a new one.…So we'll click Create Snapshot.…It asks me which Volume I wish to snapshot.…In this case I have one related…to my Security Groups machine.…It happens to be the boot drive for that instance.…I'm going to select it, and it says give it a Name.…
Let's give it a name of Pre-Upgrade Snap,…and the Description that we could put in here,…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.