Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo: Create an S3 bucket, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look…at how we can build an S3 bucket.…We're going to start off by going to the Amazon console…and now let's move over to S3.…From here, we can choose create bucket.…In the bucket name, remember it has to be globally unique,…so this one, let's give it a name…like brianeller-test-1234, and now we pick the region,…which in our case, let's keep it as US West.…If we had a bucket that we wanted to copy the settings from,…we could do so here by selecting it and then it would bring…all of those properties and permissions…straightaway to this particular bucket.…
Let's click next.…Now we can choose things like versioning.…Now versioning, if you recall, was the ability…to keep multiple versions of the same object in the bucket.…You need to turn it on when you create the bucket…and in our case, we're not going to do that.…We're going to leave it off.…There are other things like encryption,…so I could turn this on and the default encryption,…let's just set it AES 256 and we'll save.…We can also do things like tagging,…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.