Explore how to match the data hygiene requirements to the possible methods of transforming data—ETL. Learn about the practicalities of solutions which combine these methods.
- [Instructor] Another concept we need to consider…before we get started working with AWS Analytics,…is data hygiene.…As I mentioned in a previous movie,…in our examples, our data will be clean, pristine,…and easy to understand.…And I'll be honest, and tell you…this does not reflect the real world.…It does allow us to focus on what the services do,…which is important for this course.…But again, I always like to bring my…real world experience into what I share with my students.…So what I find with my customers,…is that very very frequently they need to invest…significant resources in data hygiene,…at the beginning of any new analytics…project that I work with them on.…
So the concepts around this have the letter E in them.…So let's just talk about those.…What is ETL?…Extract, transform, and load.…The idea here, is that to build an analytic solution,…you're going to need to design a process…that's going to retrieve data…out of a number of source systems,…clean or transform the data, preparing it for sending it…into destination systems, and then load it.…
- AWS analytics design concepts
- Files vs. databases
- Which analytics type to use
- Using code tools for analytics
- AWS IoT device message analytics
- Working with data using Spark commands
- Using AWS QuickSight for visualizations
- Top analytics architectural patterns and their associated AWS services
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Analytics on AWS
2. Analytic Services
3. AWS Code Tools for Analytics
4. Advanced Analytics
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.