Learn how to clean up AWS Database Migration Service–related resources so as not to incur unexpected charges.
- [Instructor] As usual, we have a few things…that we need to clean up to make sure we don't incur…ongoing charges.…Head to Database Migration Service.…The first thing we need to do is stop and delete all tasks,…otherwise we won't be able to…get rid of our replication instance.…Click stop on the ongoing replication task…and we don't have to stop the one time migration,…so we can just delete it.…We need to wait for the replication task…to finish stopping so we can delete it too.…Refreshing the page takes away the one task…that has already been deleted.…
Now that the task has stopped,…we can highlight it and delete it.…We'll refresh to make sure it's gone.…It might take a minute.…Now that both tasks are gone,…we can go to replication instances and delete the instance.…This is on its way out and now we no longer have resources…under DMS that won't incur any charges.…However, there's one more thing…that we created in this chapter…and that's the target postgres database.…So let's head back to the main AWS console and into RDS.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.