Learn how to verify the success of their data migration using MySQL Workbench and pgAdmin database clients.
- [Instructor] In order to review the results…of the migration on the postgres side,…we're going to need another tool.…PgAdmin.…We'll go straight to the download section.…And I'll choose my platform.…And not the latest release,…but the latest stable release.…Looking closely here, I see the dmg file that I want.…Now that pgAdmin is through downloading,…I can click the triangle and choose open.…I'll agree to the terms…and open up the installer.…We'll double click on pgAdmin4 and open the application.…
We'll wait for the operating system to verify and open.…Again, OS10 warns me.…It's an application downloaded from the internet.…But I trust it, so I'll click open.…At this point, we'll need to create a new server connection.…Let's expand this window so we have a little bit more room.…I right click on servers, go to create, and server.…We'll give a label for this connection,…call it PostgresTarget.…And we're already being warned…that we need to set host address on the connection tab.…
From here, we need a host name.…We'll have to get this from RDS.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.