This video covers how to create an entire VPC using a template.
- [Instructor] With an understanding…of the components that comprise a VPC,…let's use a VPC wizard to create…the infrastructure for an application.…This application has public facing web servers…and private application servers.…A quick word of caution,…wizards are a great way to learn new concepts,…however, I strongly encourage you not to get into the habit…of relying on them.…Wizards necessarily abstract…what's going on behind the scenes.…Remember, automation is the key to consistency…and scalability.…
Instead of relying on tools designed for human interaction,…you should be developing scripts.…I really wish that AWS would add…a cloud formation button to each wizard.…Hitting that button would export the same script…that the wizard is generating.…That would really help people learn.…Okay let's dive into the console and get started.…From the VPC Dasboard I click the blue Start VPC Wizard…in the top center of the screen.…In the first step of the wizard…I choose the second of the wizard templates…which creates a VPC with public and private subnets.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.