Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and set up IP addressing, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Speaker] Before we tread too far into the world of VPCs,…let's talk about some of the basics of IP addressing.…Now there are several different types of IP addressings.…There are two main categories. One is called the private…and it's used for things typically within a region.…These are things that are internal to your environment.…It's probably the same kind of addresses that…you would have used inside of your own premises data center.…The other type of address is called public.…For example, an address that would be fully accessible…on the internet, something that if you wanted to host…something on the internet, you would need a public address.…
These are addresses usually issued…by internet service providers.…Now some important information about this.…EC2 instances, which are the virtual servers…that are available within Amazon,…are actually unaware of their own public IP address.…Every instance is given a private IP address,…however that public address that it uses…to communicate on the internet is actually ephemeral.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.