Learn how to control packet flow for an application stack with security groups.
- [Narrator] For creating security groups, … we can go to two locations in the management console. … We can go to the EC2 console, … or we can go to the VPC console. … EC2 instances are always hosted these days within a VPC. … A couple years ago, you didn't have to use a VPC. … So if we go into EC2, we will find … when we scroll down under security … that there are security groups that are available. … Now if I go into the VPC console, … I'll see the exact same list. … So, don't worry about getting confused and thinking, … "I've created something in one area. … It's not showing up in the other area." … It's a mirror image … of all the security groups in your account. … So, if I want to create a security group, … I'd click "Create Security Group" and I'd give it a name … and a description and most importantly, … I have to actually say what VPC do I want … to associate this set of rules with. … So, let's set up a security group for a load balancer. … Even though we don't as of yet have a load balancer, …
- Creating a VPC
- Creating subnets
- Default and custom route tables
- IP addressing
- Creating security groups
- Configuring an internet gateway
- Peering VPCs together
- Sharing VPC resources
- Creating flow logs for monitoring
- Controlling access with IAM roles
- Dedicated tenancy
- Using automation for compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
What you should know2m 7s
1. VPC Architecture
2. Creating VPCs
3. Creating Subnets
4. IP Addressing
5. VPC Security
6. VPC Public Connectivity
7. VPC Private Connectivity
8. VPC Compliance
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.