Learn how to develop custom apps, also called skills, for Alexa, the Echo brand of smart speaker devices from Amazon.
- Consider all the ways you interact with the world using your voice. When you're planning a trip with a travel agent, scheduling a meeting with an office administrator, or even just ordering a pizza from your favorite delivery place, you're accomplishing a task entirely through speech. Lately, smart voice assistants, like Alexa, are making it possible to have these kinds of hands-free conversational interactions with an AI rather than a person. But how do these voice interfaces work? And what does it take to design, build, and deploy a great Alexa skill? Even if you're not an expert coder, Amazon has made it a breeze to get started. Recent updates to the Alexa skills kit mean that you can build feature-rich voice interactions without ever leaving your web browser. Hi, I'm Brandon Rich. I'm a longtime app developer and IT architect. Lately, I've become really excited about the possibilities in this space, and I've learned how easy it is to get started creating truly intelligent conversational design. Voice interfaces have been called the next frontier in human-computer interaction, and we're just at the beginning. With the skills you'll learn in this course, who knows, you could be the one to create the next killer app in AI voice interfaces. Let's get started.
- Designing effective voice interactions
- Designing an interaction model
- Building voice interactions
- Building an interaction model
- Alexa response functions
- Skills software development kit (SDK)
- Mapping values