Create a billing alarm for each region to alert to unexpected spend.
- [Voiceover] Every organization has…a monthly operating budget.…As you embrace the pay as you go nature of AWS,…getting a handle on your financial situation…is crucial to effective cost management.…You'll likely want to be alerted…if your predicted cost exceeds a certain threshold.…The good news is that it's straightforward…to set up a billing alert.…However, before doing that in our web browser,…let's first cover off some basics…about CloudWatch billing alarms.…First off, you have to enable billing alerts…at the account level.…
The billing data represents worldwide spending…at the account level.…Once you turn this on, it's impossible to turn off,…so you only have to remember to do this once.…Regardless of in which AWS region you operate services,…billing data is currently stored only…in the Northern Virginia region.…Therefore, you have to be sure you are working…in Northern Virginia, else you won't see billing alerts…as an available option in CloudWatch.…It is possible to segment alarms by AWS service.…
Cost estimates are not available for all AWS services.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.