Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy AMIs to other regions, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] In our last demonstration,…we created an AMI, or an A-M-I,…from one of our running EC2 instances.…Now that will work great for the region that we're in,…which happens to be North Virginia.…But what if i wanted to deploy an instance…from that particular AMI in a different region?…Well, in order to achieve that, we need to copy it.…So we're going to copy the AMI over to a different region.…To start this process, let's go over to our EC2 section.…And now inside of the interface,…we can go on the left side under images,…we'll click on AMIs.…
Here you can see the AMI we created…in our last demonstration.…In order to copy it to a different region,…we'll select it from the list…and under actions, we're going to choose copy AMI.…The destination region we'll pick,…as we said before, I wanted to use Oregon.…So we'll choose it.…And I can give it a new name if I would like,…as well as a description.…Notice that it will automatically tell us its lineage,…in other words, where did it come from?…That way we can go back…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.