In this video, learn RDS instance size, type configurations, and associated costs.
- [Narrator] So the next Amazon service to look at from a…Cost Control aspect is RDS or Relational Database Service.…So this is partially manage relational databases,…and these can be open-source, like MySQL or PostgreS.…They can also be an instance of a licensed commercial…database such as Oracle or SQL Server.…This is an area, especially with enterprises that I see…done incorrectly and excess spand being applied,…so I want to just go over some things that I see done…incorrectly and help guide you…to get the best value for your money.…So this is built on EC2 Instances.…
The difference is…you don't have root access to the instance.…You only are going to access through a database client,…and the underlying infrastructure,…the patching and the OS and things like that,…It's going to be managed by Amazon.…So you still, though, have to pick the correct…instance type, size, and count.…So it's similar conceptually to what we saw on EC2,…and I have to show you a tool for how to do that.…Also like EC2 because this is running on EC2 under the hood.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.