In this video, see how AWS Lambda is priced, via executations, memory size, and execution length.
- [Instructor] I'm seeing more and more customers…try out AWS Lambda, the server list compute alternative…to services like EC2, because of reduced service costs.…So how does Amazon charge for Lambda?…They charge not on server time allocated,…in hours or seconds,…rather on number of executions of the function call,…the memory allocated, and the average execution time.…Now under the hood, Amazon is managing Docker containers…that run your code as a Lambda function,…but all that infrastructure is transparent to you,…it's basically just billed on the calls,…and of course those Docker containers run on…virtual machines or EC2 instances,…but again, you don't see any of that.…
So, let me show you how this works.…So, inside of the console, if I scroll down here,…you can see that Amazon has provided…a very generous free tier, and the reason is…they're trying to get customers to move over…cause this is more efficient for them,…and good for customers,…and move into these new serverless architectures…when the use cases work for that,…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.