Learn the definitions for continuous integration and continuous delivery and what the key differences between these two terms is.
- [Narrator] So, let's start with some definitions.…Is continuous integration the same thing…as continuous delivery?…No, it actually isn't.…CI, or continuous integration, is building your code…and running all tests on every code commit.…And, the tests need to pass or the code commit…will roll back to a previous passing commit.…Continuous delivery is continuous integration…plus having the ability to deploy your updated, built,…and tested code into a production environment…in a fully automated fashion.…
So, CI is part of the process in the way…to building CD pipelines.…And in fact, in many of the whitepapers,…including those put out by Amazon,…they advocate first building up CI…and then adding to it for CD.…And, this is what I've seen in the real world as well.…There are many benefits of continuous deployment.…These include automating software release process…and being able to deliver updates and new features…and fixes faster to your customers, so you're delivering…value, working software, to your customers faster.…
- Continuous delivery (CD) approaches
- Automation approaches
- Core services of AWS
- Core AWS tools
- Advanced CD
- Advanced automation
- Using third-party tools for CD and automation
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioningwith Brandon Rich3h 18m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Continuous Delivery (CD) and Automation Approaches
2. CD and Automation with Core AWS Services
3. Using AWS Tools for Advanced CD and Automation
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Infrastructure as code4m 22s
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.