Learn how to download and install MySQL Workbench, and configure it to connect to RDS.
- [Tutor] While the RDS Instance is being created,…we can take a moment to go download MySQL Workbench,…the client that we use to connect to it.…We go to mysql.com and we find a large…Download Now button under MySQL Workbench 6.3.…Clicking it and scrolling down on the next page,…you can see there's pre-selected my operating system…and I've got a Download button here.…Of course, now that MySQL is owned by Oracle,…the downloads are behind a login wall.…We need an Oracle web account.…I already have one but if you don't,…click the green Sign Up button and create one.…
Then go ahead and choose Login.…I'll type in my credentials and click sign in.…Now we have the Download button…and we can go ahead and get the installer.…Once the installer has finished downloading,…I can choose open.…Your installation steps will differ…based on your operating system.…Now all I have to do here is drag MySQL Workbench…into the Applications folder.…When this process is done,…I can go to Applications, just type in M,…and find MySQL Workbench.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
6. Moving Data in AWS
5. Getting Data to AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.