Create and configure a security group within a VPC
- [Teacher] Let's add some practical experience…to our theoretical security group knowledge…by getting into the web console.…First, a quick overview of what we're going to do.…We'll see that we have two instances running in a…public subnet, and that they can't talk to each other.…We are going to update the security group…to allow them to communicate.…Working within the context of a VPC,…let's go to the EC2 dashboard and look…at the configuration of these two EC2 instances.…To get there, I click the EC2 shortcut…in the menu bar at the top of the screen.…In preparation for this course,…I have launched a pair of EC2 instances.…
For a comprehensive overview of launching EC2 instances,…please refer to the other courses in our library.…On this screen, we can see…that I have two running instances.…Let's examine how they are configured…from a security group perspective…by looking in the Resources section…and clicking on the Running Instances link.…This shows a little bit more detail…about each running instance.…It shows the Name tag I've assigned,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.