This video covers how to crate and configure route tables within a VPC.
- [Instructor] A route table is a critical component…of a VPC.…It is used to control how your VPC…network traffic gets routed.…It is important to understand what route tables can do.…Whenever you create a VPC,…a main route table gets created.…Using the VPC's implicit router,…the main route table contains a default route…for internal VPC traffic.…While it isn't possible to modify the default route,…you can add your own custom routing rules.…Route tables control how subnet traffic gets routed…by allowing you to specify a target for each destination.…
Each subnet within your VPC has to be associated…with a route table.…If you don't explicitly assign a subnet to a route table,…the subnet will be associated…with the VPC's main route table.…Think of it as a default in the absence…of specific routing rules.…Now that we have a VPC with two empty subnets,…let's create a route table for each subnet.…The first subnet is intended for public facing instances.…The second subnet will contain…non-internet routable components.…Therefore, let's create a route table for each subnet,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Cloud Computing First Look (2012)with David Rivers1h 27m Beginner
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.