Create and configure Network Access Control Lists
- [Narrator] Before we dive in and configure a NACL,…let's take a look at a picture to visualize…the environment we're working in.…Let's take a peak at this simplified diagram.…Here we have the Tokyo VPC and it's subnets…on the left-hand side of the screen.…The right side of the screen shows the Frankfurt VPC…and it's subnet.…There's my laptop down in the lower right corner,…out in the wilds of the internet.…In Frankfurt, there's a single EC2 instance.…Over in Tokyo, we can see the public…and private EC2 instances,…as well as the NAT Gateway which the private instance…uses to access the internet.…
The security group attached to the instance in Frankfurt…allows access from my laptop,…the public IP of the NAT Gateway,…and the public IP of the instance in Tokyo.…The security group attached to the Tokyo public instance…also accepts traffic from my laptop.…The only way for me to get to the private instance in Tokyo…is by going through the instance in the Tokyo public subnet.…Right now, the Tokyo private instance…can reach out to Frankfurt via the NAT Gateway.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Security (2016)with Sharif Nijim2h 5m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.