This video covers how to create and configure subnets within a VPC.
- [Instructor] Subnets are used to subdivide…the IP space within a virtual private cloud.…Of course, it is possible to configure multiple…subnets within a VPC.…Now that we have an empty VPC, let's go ahead…and create a public and private subnet.…To get started in the web console,…I'm going to click on the subnets link…under virtual private cloud in the left hand nav.…To create a subnet, I click on the blue…create subnet button.…This brings up a modal window where I need to specify…the details of this subnet.…The first thing I do is specify the name.…
Since this will be a public subnet,…I type in demo dash pub.…Remember, the name is something that I can change later.…Looking in the VPC dropdown, I see two options.…The first is the default VPC, which I labelled do not use.…The second is my empty VPC, which I labelled demo.…It's important to note that this list will show every…VPC available in your account.…Note that it shows both the internal VPC ID…as well as the nametag.…This is why I feel so strongly about using the nametag…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Security (2016)with Sharif Nijim2h 5m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.