This video covers how to create and configure a VPC Endpoint for S3 within a VPC.
- [ Instructor] A VPC endpoint for simple storage service,…or S3, allows for private access to S3…without the need to traverse the internet.…Let's highlight some of the benefits…of using a VPC endpoint before setting one up.…Objects stored in S3 can be configured…to be internet accessible.…Which is one of S3's unique features.…By default interactions with S3…are routed over the public internet.…However, within a VPC it makes no sense…to have to traverse the internet…to get to what is an internal AWS storage service.…
This is logical since both S3…and your VPC are hosted within AWS.…A VPC endpoint simply lets resources within your VPC…talk with S3 over a private interface.…With fewer hops, access to S3 is faster.…Even better there is no additional…cost for using a VPC endpoint.…With tangible benefits and no real disadvantage,…setting up a VPC endpoint for S3 makes sense…if you intend to access S3 within your VPC.…While S3 is the only currently available VPC endpoint,…ASW has stated that it is working on creating…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.