This video covers how to create and configure a NAT gateway within a VPC
- [Instructor] One of the useful capabilities…of network address translation or NAT…is the ability to map multiple private hosts…to a single Internet routable IP address.…With over six billion devices connected to the Internet,…that is more than the total number of possible…IPv4 addresses.…AWS is built upon the premise of one to many NAT.…Instances in your private subnets…likely need to get to the Internet to pull down patches.…Let's start off by exploring how to handle NAT…for private subnets.…One way to provide a path to the Internet is to configure…NAT instances in a public subnet.…
If you decide to go with this option,…you have more operational responsibility and flexibility.…First, you have to manage the EC2 instance.…Operating system patching, software updates and the like…are your responsibility.…If you want a highly available configuration,…you need to configure and manage that yourself…with a multi-instance, multi-AZ approach.…The network bandwidth available to a NAT instance…depends on the instance size.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.