This video covers how to create and configure and internet gateway within a VPC
- An internet gateway, or IGW,…is a foundational component of a VPC.…An internet gateway has several key features.…First off, an IGW has redundancy designed…and built into it by AWS.…Similarly, it is a highly available component.…As such, you don't have to worry about the reliability…or scalability of this component.…You only need one for your VPC.…You can configure your subnet route tables…to use an IGW to route traffic destined…for the internet.…Finally, an IGW provides network address translation,…or NAT, for instances with a public IP.…
Now that we have empty subnets with defined route tables,…let's configure an IGW to allow instances…within those subnets to get to the internet.…Afterward, I will configure the route table…for the public subnet to ensure that the IGW…is the target for internet-bound traffic.…In the web console from the VPC dashboard,…I locate the internet gateway's link…in the left-hand nav.…Clicking on this link takes me…to the internet gateway configuration screen.…To get started, I click the blue…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Security (2016)with Sharif Nijim2h 5m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.