This video covers how to configure a private DNS within a VPC.
- [Instructor] Static websites in S3 are great,…but I'm looking for something a little more dynamic.…I want to change sbndemo.org,…Replacing my static S3 site with a WordPress blog.…Let's go into the console…and see how this can be accomplished.…Here I am in the EC2 Dashboard of AWS web console.…Clicking the Running Instances link…shows me the two instances I have running.…One of the instances is…the development environment for my WordPress blog.…By selecting it,…I can see the details associated with this instance.…
I see that it has a private IP address,…and no public IP address.…Therefore, it is addressable only from within its VPC.…Make a mental note of the VPC ID.…With this ID in mind,…you will see that it is located in the same VPC…as the Windows TestBox.…Here are the details for the Windows TestBox.…You can see that it lives in the same VPC…as the WordPress instance.…Let's log into the Windows machine to see what we can see.…To do so, I'm going to drop down the Actions menu,…and choose Connect.…
This brings up a modal window…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.