Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparison, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting PaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Now, let's take a moment to look…where these different products fit…on the spectrum of convenience to control.…We're going to look at CloudFormation,…Elastic Beanstalk, and also OpsWorks.…We'll start off with a definition.…Convenience versus control, convenience represents…the idea that it's more managed,…I just have code, I want to deploy it.…Control says I really want to get in…and manipulate and have total control over…those resources knowing every facet about them.…
If that's you, that's where EC2 comes in.…EC2 provides that complete control…but the dilemma you face, especially as you grow larger,…provisioning and managing multiple instances…can become a bit of a chore and,…let's face it, as a human, that's error prone.…Even some of the best of us make mistakes…when we get a little tired or things of that nature.…So, there are ways to solve this.…One of those is regime AWS CloudFormation.…
It's a tool that allows us to build an infrastructure model…or a template that's, well, it's based on…the JSON format and YAML format of your files…
- Creating an IAM user, group, and role
- Using the IAM policy simulator
- IAM best practices
- Components of CloudFormation
- Benefits of Elastic Beanstalk
- Working with OpsWorks
- OpsWorks for Chef Automate and Puppet Enterprise
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
3. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.