Compare the effectiveness of various types of monitoring tooling approaches. Learn about using built in AWS monitoring services versus building or buying other tools.
- [Teacher] Now as we're going through…and looking at all the various…monitoring and logging tools and methods,…I like to pull things together to summarize.…We think about three different categories of tools.…We think about the Amazon built-in tools,…and I always think of them as…quick, easy and cost effective.…I tend to go to them first,…and I try to stay on top of all…the new tools that are coming out.…Again, it's one of the reasons I made this course…'cause Amazon has been releasing them…at a remarkably quick rate.…It's hard to keep up,…and they're my first go to.…
Of course there are customizations available.…They are flexible.…They are powerful, but you want a lot time to build…out custom metrics, to build out alerting,…to build out responses.…So I tend to in monitoring and logging…for most scenarios, recommend use versus build,…and really it's use and then buy,…third party which is the last option here,…and the very last thing is build or code.…
My preference is that the developer resources…are around creating customizations and code…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.