Review the cold DR procedure and get an overview of the section demos.
- Cold DR is the cheapest of the four DR architectures,…although it has the highest RTO/RPO.…S3 replication and cross-region snapshots can be used…to keep data safe in the separate DR region.…Admins must be sure to change DNS records…to point to the new infrastructure.…The final result of a Cold DR environment is…the highest RTO/RPO and lowest cost.…For the demos, I'll be building a WordPress site.…WordPress is a blogging…and website content management system.…There are plenty of reference architectures that allow you…to easily build the full-stack application in AWS.…
For the demo, the WordPress stack will be failed over…from North Virginia to Ohio.…In the following demo, I will review creating snapshots…and AMIs from EC2 instances as well as sending them…from North Virginia to be stored in Ohio.…I'll also demo replicating an S3 bucket…from North Virginia to Ohio.…Finally, I'll introduce Route 53…and make the necessary DNS record changes…to point the application to Ohio.…
AuthorJosh von Schaumburg
- DR in the public cloud
- Recovery time objective (RTO)
- Recovery point objective (RPO)
- AWS platform services that support DR
- Comparing the four DR architectures
- Differences between high availability and DR
- Cold DR procedure
- Pilot light DR procedure
- Warm standby procedure
- Multisite DR failover
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Cybersecurity with Cloud Computingwith Malcolm Shore2h 25m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
1. Disaster Recovery Overview
2. Disaster Recovery in AWS
Four DR architectures3m 44s
3. Cold Disaster Recovery Scenario
4. Pilot Light Disaster Recovery Scenario
5. Warm Standby Disaster Recovery Scenario
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.