In this video, see how to create a Cognito user pool with a social login.
- [Instructor] We're going to start our demo here…on the main Cognito screen.…I'll choose user pools and then click create.…User pools, create user pool,…I'm going to type a name,…let's call it LinkedIn demo pool.…We'll choose review defaults.…We'll scroll to the bottom and click create pool.…With this, our pool is now created.…
However, not all default values will apply for our needs,…so we'll go right back and start making changes.…We'll click on user and groups.…This screen is going to list our users and groups.…Groups can be used just like IM groups.…If you need to give user permissions,…it's best to do it in groups…as opposed to one by one.…These groups will map to existing IM roles.…Users can be managed from here, as well.…We don't have any at this time, so let's move on.…
We'll click on app integration.…We're now going to set up Facebook…as our social identity provider.…We'll start by adding a domain.…We'll click add domain,…I'll call it our demo domain,…we'll check availability.…The domain is available,…so I'll save our changes.…
- Identity and Access Management security
- S3 security policies, encryption, and version control
- KMS encryption
- User authentication with Cognito
Skill Level Advanced
Developing AWS Lambda Functions with Kotlinwith Troy Miles1h 55m Intermediate
AWS Machine Learning by Examplewith Jonathan Fernandes1h 25m Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management (IAM)
2. Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
3. Key Management Service (KMS) Encryption
4. User Identities with Cognito and Web
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.