As before, you can use Amplify to generate the code. You have a variety of changes but the main difference is the new type for posting data online to AppSync. You can also see that the new changes led to a new DynamoDB table. This is where the new data is stored. It is available offline as well, like the settings.
- [Instructor] Now that we've updated…our Schema with new resources,…we have to be able to update our code locally,…so our app has access to all that.…As we've seen before, we're going to do that…with an amplify command of codegen.…So, go back to your terminal…and make sure you're in your project directory.…Once we're here, we're going to run amplify codegen,…and just like that it updated all the code necessary.…Let's go look at it in Xcode.…Back in Xcode, we can select the API.swift file again,…and I'm going to do a search on Post,…and there we have the CreatePostInput,…so we should also have a CreatePostMutation.…
There's an UpdatePostInput, DeletePostInput.…Let's look for a post mutation,…and there's CreatePostMutation, UpdatePostMutation,…and so on, so we have all the code now,…that's necessary to create posts…just like we created the settings.…This is going to be easy and we're so far ahead…than what we'd normally be able to do,…if we were doing all of this manually with custom code,…or even if we were doing it with AWS…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.