Join Brandon Rich for an in-depth discussion in this video CodeDeploy: AppSpec and deployment, part of Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioning.
- [Instructor] We're just about ready to deploy…our CodeDeploy application using the AWS CLI and GitHub.…Let's take a look at what's in the app provision…because, as you recall, we need that important file…called the appspec.yml.…I'll print out my appspec.yml and walk you through it.…The contents of my appspec.yml…are specific to the stack that I want to build…so yours may look different…if you're using a different application platform.…Here you can see that I've got…the required version and OS tags at the top.…
I've got a section for files that I'm moving in.…The two files that I'm moving are a global nginx config file…and an application-specific nginx config file.…We can look at those more closely in a second.…But for right now, all you need to see…is that there is a source,…there's a path inside this application revision,…and a destination, which is a location on the remote server.…This file in my application revision…will be copied to this location on the remote server.…You'll notice that I've put…all the config files and all the scripts…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
- Understanding AWS EC2
- Creating an EC2 instance
- Provisioning with CloudFormation
- Architecting apps for horizontal scaling
- Creating an Elastic Beanstalk environment and app
- Using OpsWorks
- Deploying apps with CodeDeploy
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS EC2 Foundations
2. EC2 Creation and Provisioning
Create an EC2 instance13m 24s
3. Deployment Concepts
4. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.