Learn how to create CloudWatch logs.
- [Narrator] In this next section,…we're going to take a look at service logging and Amazon.…And there are a couple different ways…that you can log activities.…And this is both for security and for governance.…The first tool is CloudWatch…and this is the core logging tool.…It logs all activities on an Amazon account…by service and it's enabled by default.…In addition to that, we are going to take a look at CloudTrail,…which logs calls to specific API endpoints.…And it provides information about security credentials…and time of call.…
So this is particularly important around complying with…security requirements.…Also, some of my clients use third-part log readers…such as Loggly and Splunk.…So, we're going to start by looking at CloudWatch.…So, in order to work with CloudWatch…and look at services, I sped up a sample lambda service…and what I did is I just used the helloWorld example…and then I fired the lambda function a couple of times…so we have some information in CloudWatch.…
It basically just is a slice of compute that,…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.