Explore event-driven programming and get an overview of Lambda.
- [Instructor] Sound operational practices…have monitoring and alerting as table stakes.…By combining CloudWatch Events with AWS Lambda,…you can transform your monitoring approach…by taking customized programmatic actions…based on CloudWatch Events.…CloudWatch Events represent a stream of information…about occurrences within your AWS account.…Three important concepts to understand are events,…targets, and rules.…A given CloudWatch event is triggered…by a change in your AWS account.…There are many infrastructure-related state changes…that can be captured using CloudWatch Events.…
One example is the state transitions…associated with starting a previously stopped EC2 instance.…The instance goes from stopped to pending…and then, finally, to running.…It is possible to have an event react to time.…In other words, it's possible to have CloudWatch Events fire…on a scheduled basis.…Similar to using CloudWatch logs for application logs,…it is possible to publish application level happenings…as CloudWatch events.…Events have targets, which then take an action.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.